+Post New Topic + Post Reply

Thread: Is there any students program from ISRO or NASA?

Hello everyone! I have a 15-year-old daughter who is crazy about space. I would want to hone her interest in this field so that she can consider it as a serious profession for future. In this regard I would like to know whether ISRO or NASA runs any students program to which I can enroll her?

Well, I don't know of any students program offered directly by NASA or ISRO on astronomy. However, I recently read of a Space Camp that takes place at the US Space and Rocket Centre, Huntsville. Children from India can also register for it. I have read that veteran astronauts and representatives from NASA also come here to interact with the members. Also, the members get to perform hands-on astronaut training activities. Let me check if i can get you the registration details for the camp.

Dear Madam,

ISRO has its own undergraduate programme. You may google IIST, Trivandrum.

I know the space camp that Savitha spoke of. My niece had attended it last year. She is full of praise for it and says that it has been a great learning experience for her. I think because the camp imparts practical knowledge to the members, it helps them to grasp the concepts faster than normal textbook learning. It's very similar to training programs that you are looking at. Check out the website : [url]http://spacecampindia.com/[/url] for more details. And if you like it, you can enroll your daughter for the trip!

+ Post New Topic + Post Reply

Recent Posts in Parenting Teenager
   Most Popular Posts at Sukh Dukh